Match Thread: Lincoln City v Portsmouth | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Portsmouth

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-v-Everton-h-28-08-2019.jpg

So, we're back at home quite possibly for the final time this season, versus League One Champions Portsmouth...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Portsmouth supporter (link below).

- Read the summary of what Michael Skubala said ahead of this match (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Another big game, have to say I’m quite excited about this one.

9 degrees and a chilly 24 mph easterly wind expected, so those going wrap up warm.

We just want 3 points and preferably a calm watch, so early City goals and some fun. Enjoy wherever you are in the World. Whatever happens, it’s been a great season. . Come on City.

I’ve been nervous all week in the build-up to this game.

Now the day is here, it’s more excitement.

If we don’t quite get over the line, there will be initial sadness but maybe for only 5 minutes. And then immense pride will be the overriding emotion.

Regardless of the outcome, what an incredible effort from a brilliant set of players, staff and fans.

Come on yooooou Imps!

All week I've been thinking that win, lose or draw, it doesn't really matter but now the day has dawend.....it matters!!

A nrevous time in prospect but we can do it

UTI

Bloody early kick off, still Beerheadz is looking after us. Really looking forward to the game and hopefully a bit of a celebration later this afternoon that the season for us isn,t quite done yet.

Feel so nervous but need to just enjoy it whatever the outcome, what a season. Come on Lincoln!!

Morning fellow imps i have good vibes about this game i know portsmoth are a very good professional side but i just think we will be up for this game more then them 2 0 to the imps

It’s a big ask today, but we’ve managed all those other hurdles and it would be a huge shame if we stumbled at the last. Whatever happens, it’s been a season that none of us could’ve dreamed of as the new year dawned. 🤞 we’ll be looking forward to next Saturday at by 14:30. Come on lads, you can do it 👊👊💥👏

Today is an ADHD nightmare. Football at 12:30 so there is noway I am going to get anything done as that is all I can think about. And I am catching the 16:35 train to Nottingham later so will have to pack all the things that need doing in before then.

According to the Times, the match is at Fratton Park - hope they aren't sending a reporter there :lol:

Meanwhile, at Sincil Bank.

Irrespective of the outcome today, it's been a terrific second half to the season and those nervous glances over (some) shoulders on New Years Day seems a long time ago.

All promises well for next season but let's hope this one still has time to run come 2.30 this afternoon. Come on you Mighty Imps!!

The Day has arrived, am all jittery!! Whatever happens on the pitch (and we know that the lads will leave it all out there!!), the sense of pride is already palpable and what a time it is to be an Imp....

Wrap up warm, everyone heading to the Bank today, and have a fantastic time! #coymi #daretodream

yet another biggest game of the season.

just had a look at how many times oxford have lost at the same time blackpool have drawn or lost... 2. looks like we need at least a draw.
i hope someone around me has decent mobile signal for minute by minute score updates.

it is going to be tense. uti.